Goodrich man jailed for role in capitol riots Jan. 6

A Federal grand jury indictment names Daniel Page Adams, 43, of Goodrich and Adams’ cousin, Cody Connell of Louisiana for taking part in the Capitol riots in Washington DC on Jan. 6.

The two men are charged with civil disorder, obstruction of an official proceeding, assaulting certain law enforcement officers, entering a restricted building, disorderly conduct in a restricted building, disorderly conduct in a capitol building, impeding passage through the capitol grounds and demonstrating in a capitol building.

Polk County Sheriff Byron Lyons said investigators with his officer spoke to Adams’ neighbors and learned he had lived in the area about a year.

Adams and Connell posted evidence of their activities on social media. In one video, Adams is shown pushing through a line of Capitol officers, the criminal complaint says. Further, the video shows Adams physically engage with another group of officers at the top of the steps.

Adams and Connell were arrested Saturday, Jan. 16, after FBI agents matched images Connell posted to Facebook with their driver’s license photos. Federal court records show that Adams was arrested in East Texas and Connell was arrested in Western Louisiana.

A witness provided videos and photos to law enforcement that showed Connell and Adams on the capitol steps surrounded by rioters, complaining that they were being tear-gassed.

Connell also posted: “That’s my cousin. When we stormed the cops there was 8 of them and 4 of us so he got clubbed and shot with rubber bullet. But we pushed the cops against the wall, they dropped all their gear and left. That’s when we went to doors of Capitol building and breached it.”

Sworn statements by FBI agents reveal that Connell was planning to return to Washington D.C. during the week of Jan. 18. A witness told agents that Connell had been discussing the purchase of long-rifle firearms, ammunition and body armor to bring with them to the capitol.

That witness also reported that Connell had made statements indicating he would only return to Louisiana in a body bag.

Detention orders were signed for both men and they were transferred to Washington D.C. to await further court action.